Powerful Study Tips!
This video presents useful tips to help you prepare for exams.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep before the exam.
- Eat a healthy breakfast before the exam unless directed otherwise.
- If you’re driving or taking public transportation to the test center, use Google Maps to plan your route ahead of time. When using the, "By public transport" button, Google Maps will display a complete travel schedule for you based upon the time you wish to arrive or depart. 😀
- For the PTCE, before you enter the testing room, the test administrator will provide you with an erasable board, marker, and any other items specified by the exam sponsor. Write down any formulas / notes you’ve memorized immediately. The exam will be much easier, not having to recall them from memory.
- Break policies are established by the exam sponsor. Some exams may include scheduled breaks, and instructions will appear on the computer screen at the appropriate time.
- Please follow all rules of each exam’s "Candidate Attestation" agreement.
PTCB Exam Day
In order to take the PTCE, all candidates must provide positive proof of identity by presenting a valid, unexpired, government-issued photo ID. A signature is NOT required on the ID. The name on the ID must match the candidate’s name as it appears within his/her PTCB Account.
No personal items, including cell phones, hand-held computers or personal digital assistants, or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats (and other head coverings), bags, coats, books and notes are allowed in the testing room. (R2
The following are approved forms of ID (R2)
- Government-Issued Driver’s License
- Government-Issued Driving Learner’s Permit
- Official ID issued by a government agency (state or federal)to non-drivers (must include photo)
- Military ID
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- US Department of Homeland Security-Issued Employment Authorization Card
R2 = ptcb.org – Certification Guidelines and Requirements: A Candidate Guidebook
ExCPT Exam Day
In order to take the exam at a PSI/LaserGrade Testing Center, candidates are required to present government-issued photo identification.
The identification must be clear and legible. The name on the photo identification must be the same as on the original registration. If the names are different, then a certified or notarized copy of a marriage license, divorce decree, adoption papers or other legal documentation of name change should be provided. If the address on the government-issued photo identification is different from that supplied at the time of registration, the candidate must show proof of address, such as a current utility bill.
The following are examples of government-issued photo identification. (R3)
- A Valid Passport
- Driver’s License
- US Armed Forces Photo Identification
- Non-driver’s Identification Issued by a State Department of Motor Vehicles
Candidates may not bring any paper, books, cell phones, calculators, pagers, scanners, cameras or PDAs with them into the examining room. Candidates may be inspected for such materials prior to the exam. All purses, brief cases and other personal items will be securely locked up during the exam. The testing session may be videotaped for additional security. (R3
R3 = nhanow.com – PDF ExCPT Pharmacy Technician National Healthcareer Association NHA Candidate Handbook
Bella the Cat is pursuing her
feline technician certification. 😎 Deal with it.
Charlie the Dog is catching up on the Pharmacy Technician Today blog. He is not just domesticated — he is SOPHISTICATED! 🙂