ExCPT Prerequisite Information
Note: External link(s) below go to document(s) on https://www.nhanow.com
To be eligible to take the ExCPT, a candidate must (R3)
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Successfully complete a training program
or one year of work experience within the field.
NHA may revoke certification of a pharmacy technician
for any of the following reasons (R3)
- Submission of false / misleading information in connection with certification / recertification.
- Violation of any of NHA’s policies on exam cheating or exam confidentiality or failure to cooperate with NHA in the investigation of any such incident by another candidate.
- Documented violation of the Pharmacy Technician Code of Ethics.
ExCPT certification, through administration of the ExCPT Pharmacy Technician Exam, is an assessment of each candidate’s knowledge base relative to the job functions and responsibilities of a typical pharmacy technician. Please note that considerations related to each candidate’s background, including but not limited to criminal history, are deferred to prospective employers and, where applicable, state licensing boards for individual determination. (R3)
PTCB Prerequisite Information
Note: External link(s) below go to page(s) on https://ptcb.org
To achieve PTCB Certification, candidates must
satisfy the following eligibility requirements (R1)
- High school diploma or equivalent educational diploma (e.g., a GED or foreign diploma).
- Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy
registration or licensure actions.
- Compliance with all applicable PTCB Certification policies.
- Passing score on the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE).
A candidate may be disqualified for PTCB Certification
upon the disclosure or discovery of (R1)
- Criminal conduct involving the candidate;
- State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure action involving the candidate;
- Violation of a PTCB Certification policy,
including but not limited to the Code of Conduct.
R1 = ptcb.org – Apply for Certification
R3 = nhanow.com – PDF ExCPT Pharmacy Technician National Healthcareer Association NHA Candidate Handbook