This video shows some of the responsibilities of a pharmacy technician.
ExCPT Prerequisite Information
Note: External link(s) below go to document(s) on http://www.nhanow.com
To be eligible to take the ExCPT, a candidate must (R3)
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Successfully complete a training program
or one year of work experience within the field.
NHA may revoke certification of a pharmacy technician
for any of the following reasons (R3)
- Submission of false / misleading information in connection with certification / recertification.
- Violation of any of NHA’s policies on exam cheating or exam confidentiality or failure to cooperate with NHA in the investigation of any such incident by another candidate.
- Documented violation of the Pharmacy Technician Code of Ethics.
ExCPT certification, through administration of the ExCPT Pharmacy Technician Exam, is an assessment of each candidate’s knowledge base relative to the job functions and responsibilities of a typical pharmacy technician. Please note that considerations related to each candidate’s background, including but not limited to criminal history, are deferred to prospective employers and, where applicable, state licensing boards for individual determination. (R3)